2013年10月30日 星期三

2.2 Premarital cohabitation: transcription

  I’m standing on the positive side. I think that everyone knows it becomes more and more popular that cohabitation is accepted among many couples. But I think cohabitation is discriminated because it is very different from our established concept. It is because our traditional background emphasized the virginity of girls, and it is also because of the domination of the maculism. If we want to develop, we have to change our concepts. Cohabitation is a right of liberty that the law allowed, so it couldn’t be discriminated like that. 
  And I’m going to talk about my experience, even I’m single now, I stand on the positive side in this case. But my friends, who is in the relationship, they all refused to take cohabitation because they thought this was inappropriate. And I was trying to persuade them, so I concluded many benefit of cohabitation. Reason number one, cohabitation is to test he or she will be your ideal mate. Number two, it is to learn how to face the real life. Three, it is a way to make the relationship stable. Four , we can say that couples can see things, understand things and learn things during the cohabitation. They try to adapt each other and try to understand each other deeply. For example, sometimes we see a girl who is pretty outside, but actually she is dirty while in the dorm. So if her lover starts a life with her, he will find out this fact, and maybe he’ll say ,”Oh no , it is too dirty. I don’t want to live with you forever.” 
  And next, I’m going to talk about the book I quoted to proof my viewpoints, the author mentioned that cohabitation is to turn abstract feelings to reality and listed many practical benefits such as “The telephone charge we saved could buy two more clothes” or “If you live together, the man can drive you to school so that you can save your traffic fee.” Or “the time you spend together is longer than separating,” lovers would like to do that because they want to stay with each other much longer much better. 
  To oppose to Joselin, I think if we really want to stay long with this mate, we can’t only take freshness into consideration because you will spend a really long time with your “the one”, you can’t just say that “I had seen you so many times. I ‘m tired. I don’t want to see you anymore.” If you want to share your life with a totally different individual, you have to understand him deeply rather than thinking cohabitation would increase the freshness. I’m finished. Thank you.

沒有留言:

張貼留言